Despite the unusual heat wave we are experiencing here in Oregon, fall is right around the corner. I can feel it in the mornings as I walk out to let the chickens out and feed the sheep and goats. The crispness kisses my nose as I have to bundle up in a sweater before I head out. I’m trying to be a little more present and not long for what is not but it’s hard for me when all I want is a blustery cool day where I get to curl up on the couch next to a crackling fire while the delicious aroma of a stew is simmering on the stove. It will be here soon enough but until that day comes when I no longer need all the windows and doors open in the house, I will quietly search the web and compile a list of what I want to cook when that time comes.
And that is what I have done for you today! I’ve put together the top 10 veggie soups and stews I will be cooking when the temps cool down here and today I’m sharing them with you all!
1. Seitan Porcini ‘Beef’ Stew from Post Punk Kitchen
2. Veggie Stew from Healthy Happy Life
3. White Bean Stew from The Vegan Foodie
4. Spicy Fall Stew Baked in a Pumpkin from The Vegetarian Times
5. Kale, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Stew from Out of the Ordinary
6. Dilly Stew with Rosemary Dumplings from Post Punk Kitchen
7. Vegan Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew from The Perfect Panty
8. Fall Vegetables and Red Lentil Soup from Crumb
9. Spicy Vegetarian Chili from Simply Recipe
10. Spiced Squash, Fennel & Pear Soup from Dessert By Candy
What is your favorite fall veggie soup or stew?