Every year at this very time I sit back and reflect on the previous year and all the experiences I had. The good, the bad, the happy and the sad. I think about where I was this time last year and count my blessings for everything I learned along the way. I feel lucky. So lucky. I can honestly say for the first time ever, I’m exactly where I have always wanted to be. Right here, right now. In the present.
I’m not sure I’ve ever been so content with what the universe has brought into my life over the course of 2011, even the not so fun stuff has taught me to appreciate life more. I fell in love to the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, I moved in with said man, and together we are creating a life based on our shared values and beliefs. But with all this, I still can’t help think about those things, the goals as I like to call them, that I plan to see through for 2012. After all, what you put out there you always get back in return. I plan to put out the best, most authentic me possible.
Here are a few of my personal goals for 2012. I broke it down in categories because well, I’m a Virgo and we just do that sort of thing:
1.Be kinder, patient, and more compassionate to myself and others.
2. Write down something I am grateful for daily.
3. Spend five minutes a day in meditation.
4. Resume my yoga practice and do asana (the physical body practice) 2 times a week, one of those in a class setting with D.
5. Completely eliminate all meat and dairy from my diet.
6. Run outside more.
7. Forgive honestly and openly.
8. Smile as much as I possibly can.
9. Learn to not sweat the small stuff.
1. Finish one project a week, be it big or small and blog about it.
2. Learn to refurbish old pieces of furniture.
3. Learn about one new plant/vegetable/fruit/flower that I want to plant in my garden per week.
4. Organize all rooms of house (one per month). Stay organized!
5. Grow our garden 3 fold big, very big.
6. Learn to can and be more sustainable.
1. Always tell D how much he means to me.
2. Tell my family and friends how much I care and appreciate them on a regular basis.
I’d LOVE to hear what some of your goals are! Please leave a comment or feel free to email me!
Have a perfectly happy and safe New Year and may this year shine bright and all be good!