Have you heard of Teff? I hadn’t until a few months ago and I am so glad I’ve been introduced to it. Being gluten-free and allergic to potatoes, it’s been hard for me to find a flour I can use in my baking. I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour but recently I realized it has potato starch in it. I’m not sure why I assumed it didn’t but something dawned on me the other day to look at the back of the packaging and viola, there is was in the fine print of the ingredients: potato starch. And thus there is one more thing I can’t have.
Do you hear the violins in the background? Those are for me
My acupuncturist turned me onto Sonoma Teff Wraps and I am in heaven. I probably have some sort of wrap every day for lunch and these are soft and pliable not like most gluten-free wraps which can be hard to work with. I was at the grocery store the other evening and I stumbled upon Bob’s Red Mill Teff Flour and thought I’d give it a try in some of my up and coming baking goodies, like these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies I made the other night.
Before I share the recipe to these guys I want to give a big huge THANK YOU Enjoy Life Foods for sending me their Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks which I used in this recipe. They also sent me their Double Chocolate Crunch Granola but D and I ate it before I could make anything with it. Opps! Needless-to-say, it was delicious!
What I love about Enjoy Life Product, besides that fact that they are delicious, is the fact that all their products are gluten-free and allergy-friendly meaning all products are free of the top 8 allergens: wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish and most of their products are also free of potatoes (bonus for me!), sesame, sulfites, and casein.
And an even bigger bonus is that all Enjoy Life Products contain no artificial ingredients, trans fats, or GMO’s. This is honestly, 100% a product and I back and use. Don’t forget to check out their website and see all the other awesome products they carry at Enjoy Life.
Are you ready for the recipe?
- 1½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Teff Flour
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunk Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp agave (add more if you like sweeter cookies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Begin by adding all dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside.
- Either by hand or with a mixer mix together all wet ingredients adding as much or little agave sweetner as you’d like. I was going for less sweet so I could really taste the chocolate chunks when I bit into the cookies but you can always make them sweeter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and add the chocolate chunks and stir well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your one and a half inch balls of cookie dough on it leaving about 2 inches between. With a fork, press down on the middle to flatten it out.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Take out and let cool.
- Note: Teff flour is a little grainier then regular flour so keep this in mind when you try them. I love the texture and flavor but for some, it may take getting a little use to it.
I’m linking up to some of the following found here as well as TipJunkie, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stories A to Z, The Shabby Nest, My Repurposed Life, Funky Junk Interiors,Thrifty Decor Chick, Between Naps on the Porch, Live, Laugh, Rowe
Disclaimer: I received free product from Enjoy Life but all opinions in this post are 100% mine.