Hi friends! Well, today is the day. Today I turn 32 years old. WOW! Where the heck does the time go? Sometimes I forget that I’m not still in my early 20′s Growing up I always thought that people in their 30′s were, well…old. Boy has the time changed cause I feel like a young chicky, as if life is just getting started in many ways.
I love birthdays no matter whose it is but today is mine and I plan on spending it relaxing, going to my favorite Pilates class, working on a few projects, going to dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant, drinks with the hubs and friends tonight. Then I head to Seattle tomorrow to see my family. I can’t wait!
Since it’s the day of my birth I thought I’d take a walk down memory lane and share 20 things about me that you probably don’t know. If you missed it, I posted 25 things about me in this post here several months ago.
1. In my last 20 things about me post I wrote that I was in the process of getting my yoga teacher training certification. Well, I’M CERTIFIED! And, I’m really pushing myself to actually teach! As I wrote before, I’m scared to death of the idea of teaching in front of people but I’m talking with a studio down here in the valley to teach starting this fall. AH! I’m so scared but I believe that it’s important for me to push beyond this fear of mine
2. My favorite flowers are Pansies because my mom use to plant them in a window planter box growing up. They aren’t necessarily the ones I find most beautiful but whenever I see them I think about my mom so they are my favorite.
3. I grew up in the same house until I was 17 years old. I was distraught when we finally moved out, hating the idea of another family living there and I crawled in the very back part of my closet and wrote “The Whitworth House Forever” followed by all of my family members names and every pet we ever had. My mom randomly received a phone call from the new owner one day and he told my mom that the painters found it and had instructed them to not paint over it. Still to this day I believe it’s there.
4. My favorite season is fall. I grew up in the suburbs on the east side of Seattle and every year about this time either my mom or I would be driving through a town called Issaquah down the main street and the trees that line it would be changing over. Whoever got to it first would always call and say, “It’s here! It’s here!” And we’d always be talking about fall.
5. I have a nervous habit of biting my nails and I’ve tried everything to stop. I’m considering hypnosis.
6. One of my favorite snacks are pickles, humus and hot sauce. Together.
7. I love cleaning the house. It’s a way of distressing for me but I would pay my life’s savings to have someone come over and empty the dishwasher and fold my laundry.
8. A physic once told my mom that I was her mom and she was my daughter in a past life. If you know us you’d see why we both totally agree.
9. I tend to just do something and deal with the consequences later. I’ve always been that way and a few years ago I took a personality test and it came back that my number one trait is an Activator which means exactly that.
10. When I was younger I thought by the time I was thirty-two I’d have 3 kids. It’ funny how life works out but in reality, I wouldn’t have been ready any earlier then now.
11. I believe in reincarnation.
12. I’m a list writer. I will write a list then re-write it over and over again. If my penmanship is even a little off I’ll rewrite it.
13. I’m a Virgo and a very stereotypical Virgo at that.
14. D and I didn’t take one single picture on our trip to Cabo. In part because we were lazy but we also figured since all we really did was relaxed by the pool it was okay.
15. I have a huge sweet tooth but it’s slowly changing and I find myself craving savory more and more as I age.
16. I go through random reading spurts. I wont read a book for a few months and then all of a sudden not be able to pry myself off the couch for weeks reading one book after the other.
17. I cried the one time I tried to put contacts in. I think I’ll just stick with my glasses.
18. I’m very superstitious.
19. I believe in soul mates but not just in the realms of love.
20. I firmly believe it’s only going to get better with age.
Thanks for stopping by! I’d love hearing a little more about you! I love reading them in my comments