I’m crossing another off my list! It’s a great feeling, isn’t it? When you starting crossing ANYTHING off your ‘list’, whatever that list may be for. I have several going at all times.
Before D and I changed our life and went vegan we loved us some buffalo wings and ranch, or blue cheese dressing. The spicier the better too. A couple of weeks ago I was craving buffalo wings in a very bad way and decided to google ‘vegan buffalo wings’ and a bunch of spicy buffalo cauliflower recipes came up. I decided on this one like I do most recipes, because they have the best, most appetizing photos.
D and I stopped at the store and got the ingredients and when I got home I made them for us to snack on. They were DELICIOUS! So much so I made them again last night for my in-laws and they loved them as well.
I love the options out there for vegetarians and vegans now. You truly never feel deprived and you even get a taste of some of your old favorites. Next time you are craving buffalo wings swap the chicken out for cauliflower. I dare you.
- 1 head cauliflower
- For the batter:
- Dash of Frank’s Original Hot Sauce, or whatever kind you like
- ½ c. white rice flour
- ½ c. water
- Pinch salt
- For the Buffalo sauce:
- ¼ c. Frank’s Hot Sauce
- ¼ c. oil, canola oil works best
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together the batter ingredients in a small bowl. Dip the cauliflower in the batter until coated evenly then place on greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the batter hardens.
- Mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Once the cauliflower are done baking, brush them with the hot sauce mixture and bake again for a few more minutes, until cauliflower is crispy.
- Remove from oven. You may want to add a bit more buffalo sauce to taste.
My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures. Enjoy!