First of all, I’d like to give a big welcome to all my new followers from over the course of the last week and of course, a big hello to all of you who have been following for awhile now!
I would love it if you would follow me on some of my other platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram (under Bullfrogs and Bulldogs). I often post things on these sites that I may or may not post here so I wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything!
Today I thought I’d share a little bit more of me with all of you and have tried to come up with a few things you may or may not know about me. You can always read the ‘about me’ tab to find out more.
To start, this is me and my hubby, David or D as I often refer to him here. Oh, and two of our 14 lambs our sheep birthed this past spring. This is Lily (white) and Money (black). My friends 3 year old daughter Lily named them They also happen to be our two favorite because they have personalities as if they were dogs.
And a few things about me:
1. I could eat the same meal day in and day out, never tiring of it…rice, beans, guacamole, and hot sauce.
2. And speaking of hot sauce, I put the stuff on everything. The hotter the better. I’m a Tapatio, sometimes Cholula, girl all the way.
3. A few years back I went to Taiwan to visit a friend and decided (while visiting) to move there…ASAP. I returned home, sold all my belongings, even my car, quite my job and three weeks later was teaching English on the little island off the cost of China.
4. One of my dreams is to write a book. I have a million little stories running through my head at any given time and even have characters and plots but every time I sit down to write I get that good old writer’s block.
5. I am terrified of snakes yet, also very intrigued by them. We have Gopher snakes on the property and they make my skin crawl but I always find myself having to just go take a look at them, squealing when I see it.
6. I read magazines from back to front. I have no idea why, just always have.
7. I’m a cat girl. I love having dogs but cats hold a very special place in my heart. I volunteered at a Cat Rescue but had to quite because I brought home three, eventually giving one to my parents.
8. My dream job, beside becoming a best selling author, is to own an animal sanctuary and rescue abused/mistreated animals. Even Elephants in Asia who are used pretty much as circus freaks for people to ride. I suppose I’d have to have several sanctuaries all around the world.
9. When I was little I wanted to work at McDonalds when I grew up. Yep, I sure did. I really just wanted to work at the cash register. That was short lived once my parents brought home one for me to play with and that dream died.
10. I’m in the process of getting my Yoga Teaching Certification. It’s been a long process but I only have one assignment left. I love yoga, I love what it had brought to my life, but I’m terrified of teaching it.
11. I have been told I”m very dramatic my whole life but I always wanted to be an actor but was painfully shy.
12. My nickname all through junior high and high school was Chelsea Clinton. I had chubby cheeks, braces, and naturally curly hair I always wore in a ponytail.
13. When I was 24 years old I had two feet of my colon removed because I had a pre-cancerous polyp. Due to an infection from my surgery I had to undergo emergency surgery and have an iliostomy bag for a little under two months. That experience changed me in so many ways, physically, emotionally, and mentally, and all for the better. It’s actually a hereditary things because my older brother, mom, and grandfather have all had colon cancer. And ALL survived!
14. I’m a lark or in other words, a morning person. I love nothing more then to get up at 6am, get my cup of tea and have the first two hours of the day all to myself. I accomplish more before 10AM then I do the rest of the day.
15. I participated in an Olympic distance triathlon three years ago in Hawaii and came in 9th for my age group. I was pretty proud of myself.
16. I started my college education at WSU (Washington State University) in 1999 and finished it at Seattle University with a degree in Psychology in 2006. I majored in Psychology because I wanted to understand people more, not necessarily do anything with it although I think being forensic psychologist would be fascinating. I wonder if it’s really like all the TV shows?
17. Speaking of those shows, one of my favorites is Criminal Minds. It’s creepy and I love how intense it can be but not how I can’t sleep after. It’s made me quite paranoid.
18. D and I dated briefly when he lived in Seattle and then he moved and we never talked again until one random November evening four years later I got the best facebook message from him (and no, were weren’t even friends on FB) and we’ve talked every single day since. He’s my best friends.
19. D and I don’t have cable. We got rid of it in March when we got back from Asia and it’s actually quite nice. We do however watch an insane amount of movies and the occasional TV show on hulu when we are lying in bed.
20. Before moving in with D, I had little to no desire for anything DIY or craft related. I loved doing crafts and drawing when I was little, but it wasn’t until about year ago that I really developed a huge interest in it all.
21. I started this blog as a way to write about my transition from city life to country life but it’s seemed to turn into more of a DIY and food blog. I’m hoping to incorporate more about my life here in the boonies moving forward while continuing to share all about the fun things I do to our home and with food.
22. I’ve never broken a bone. Knock on wood.
23. I’m the only girl between my older brother, Tyler and a younger brother, Nick. I have so much respect for these two guys. I hope they know how much I look up to them and admire who they are.
Nick on left, Tyler on right and my nephew (Tyler’s baby) Henry in the middle.
And here is us when we were little…
24. D and I are considering going to India and Nepal next winter…if you’ve been, we’d love any advice. It terrifies me and thrills me all at the same time.
and last but not least…
25. I’m so grateful to each and everyone of you for reading my blog. I absolutely love sharing with you all and love the feedback I get. So thank you!